Grant begins March 1st!
Apply for a Home Inspection Reimbursement Grant for your First-Time Buyers!
Thanks to the TIGAR Housing Affordability Fund Committee, we have secured our 2021 grant request from the California Association of REALTORS® Housing Affordability Fund! This year, we will have a total of $25,000 to put towards reimbursing your first-time buyers for the cost of their home inspection, up to $400 per applicant. Beginning March 1, 2021, Reimbursement grants are available on a first come, first serve basis until we run out of funds.
- Must be first-time buyers
- Property must be owner occupied
- Inspection must be completed in 2021
- Only applies to closings on or after March 1, 2021
- Must submit copy of paid invoice
- Inspector must be certified
- Buyer must be represented by a REALTOR®
Why Your Buyer Needs a Home Inspection
Inspectors will check the following items/areas in the home:
- Roof to foundation
- Central Air Conditioning
- Interior Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Attic – Visible Insulation
- Windows & Doors
- Structural Components
*Inspections typically take only 2-4 hours to complete.
For more information or to submit your application, contact:
Shawn Glazier, HAF Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Housing Affordability Fund Committee is excited to have helped out these grant recipients: