Getting your California Real Estate License may seem like a daunting undertaking at first,
but we’ve demystified the process for you.
Follow these simple steps to get started today!
1. Successfully complete 135 hours (3 courses) of approved Pre-Licensing education.
Successfully complete 135 hours of approved Pre-Licensing education. Comprising three 45-hour courses, The CE Shop is an approved California real estate education provider.
1. CA 45-Hour Real Estate Principles
2. CA 45-Hour Real Estate Practice
3. CA 45-Hour Real Estate Finance
Specifically designed for real estate professionals, The CE Shop’s LEAP platform combines the best of the classroom with the convenience and flexibility of online learning. Our exciting and interactive courses are taught using real-world scenarios and practical exercises relevant to the real estate industry today. You’ll learn all you need to get started in a successful career as a California real estate salesperson.
2. Complete each course final exam with a proctor.
Upon completing each course and meeting the minimum time requirement, you’ll take a practice exam to prepare you for the course final exam. Each final is comprised of 100 questions. The minimum passing score is 70%
Each final exam must be monitored by a proctor. The CE Shop makes this requirement easy with online proctoring (https://www.theceshop.com/proctoring-instructions-online). Via your webcam, you can take the course final exam under the supervision of a proc-tor online. For more information about setting up an account with the online proctoring center, click here (https://www.theceshop.com/proctoring-instructions-online ) and the tech requirements you’ll need here (https://www.theceshop.com/proctoring-tech-requirements ). Note: you will need to schedule an appointment in advance to take the exam with a proctor.
3. Choose a sponsoring broker.
As you go through the process of earning your license while studying, you’ll need to be affiliated with a broker so you can practice when licensed. It’s important to find a good fit when picking a broker to work with and it’s a key factor to becoming a successful California real estate agent.
The following questions will help you find the right broker.
• What is their reputation, both locally and nationally?
• What kind of real estate agents are they looking for?
• Are they technologically advanced and up-to-date with the latest systems?
• How do they support their agents with education and training?
• What kind of commission structure do they offer?
• Do they offer benefits?
• Do they provide their agents with leads and marketing material?
• Is there room to grow with the brokerage?
4. Submit your exam and your licensing application.
The California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE) website manages state licensing exam scheduling and facilitates the licensing application process. For more information on scheduling your salesperson exam and submitting your application license, click here (http://www.dre.ca.gov/Examinees/ApplySalesperson.html ).
5. Receive your California Real Estate License!
Once your application is approved and you take and pass the state salesperson exam, CalBRE will issue your California real estate salesperson license. You can be on the lookout for your new real estate license on Cal-
BRE’s eLicensing Online website by clicking here (https://secure.dre.ca.gov/elicensing/).
The Inland Gateway Association of REALTORS and The CE Shop have partnered to offer you the best in education.
The CE Shop is the only real estate education provider singularly focused on you. Our courses help you pass the real estate exam, build your business, become an industry leader, and live on the cutting-edge of the real estate industry.